2017 Year in Review
Clearly Ahead Development’s mission for 2017 was to proudly serve the community to create growth and opportunity in Clearfield County, Pennsylvania.
In 2017, Clearly Ahead Development saw much progress in Clearfield County and as an organization. Above is a presentation that was introduced at the Clearly Ahead Development Annual Luncheon for 2017. Clearly Ahead’s goals are local business outreach, out of area business outreach, community outreach, continuing education, and press releases.
Clearfield County Profile for 2017:
Clearfield County had 2,154 employers, eleven more than 2016 and of those 2,154 employers 1,972 were private sector employers and 182 were government entities (State, Local, Federal). Clearfield County had 563 new job postings in 2017, an increase of 184 from 2016. There were 1,105 new jobs in the tri-county area in 2017, an increase of 261 from 2016.
Clearly Ahead presented this summary report at their 2017 Annual Luncheon:
- In 2016 Clearly Ahead had 112 local business outreach meetings/contacts and achieved 153 meetings/contacts in 2017.
- Clearly Ahead had a goal of 25 community events and/or meetings and achieved that goal with attending 91 events and/or meetings.
- Clearly Ahead had a goal of publishing 12 press releases a year and achieved that goal with posting 16 press releases and 25 confirmed sources publishing these press releases.
By accomplishing these goals and objectives, Clearly Ahead has created a valued reputation among community members and business leaders.
Clearly Ahead also reported impact figures for 2017. These impact numbers represent what Clearly Ahead has done in association with loans, grants, and projects for Clearfield County.
- Clearly Ahead reported impact figures on 6 major local projects.
- Total project investment reached $3,092,878.
- These 6 projects created 110 jobs while maintaining 394.
Along with administering projects, Clearly Ahead also took on the duties for the Clearfield Foundation which lead to the management of the Clearfield Commerce Park which is located right off Interstate 80 exit 120 in Clearfield. Clearly Ahead helped make the park unique as it became the first "Certified Food Site" in Pennsylvania. The site was certified by Garner Economics/Primus Builders of Georgia. Click Here to learn more about the Food Certification.
In addition to the Food Site Certification, the Commerce Park will be the new home for TAFCO, a company from Hyde, PA. This expansion will help retain 80 employees in Clearfield County as well as create job growth of 10% per year. TAFCO is constructing a 100,000 square foot building in order to manufacture walk-in coolers and freezers.
2017 was a very successful year for Clearly Ahead Development and we look forward to creating more successful projects in 2018. To read the press release provided by Gant Daily about the Annual Luncheon, please click on the link below: